Thursday, January 20, 2011

Excuse me for my almost week long hiatus...

The internet at my apartment building was going through an 'upgrade' process, only to find out that the new technology couldn't work in this ancient building. Ugh. So while I've been dying without internet access, I've been DYING on this Nutrisystem.

Don't get me wrong, the food isn't terrible, per se, it's just small. As I've told many of my friends, the biggest downfall/advertising lie that NS presents is that it's simple and easy. It's not. You have to supplement with fruits, veggies, dairy, protein and carbs. All of those = even more out of pocket expenses. I thought I was a friend of veggies, clearly I'm not. I used to eat virtually none, no salads, nada. This is forcing me to eat mah greens and it's a good thing, I must say.

So Tuesday (1/18/11) made an entire week down of my new 'lifestyle change'. I went from 267 to 258.8... an 8.2lb weight loss. Now I'm sure a lot of that is water weight, but I'm taking those numbers and running with 'em! hahaha.

Each day is a struggle and it will continue to be. Trust me, today I went to Wally World (Walmart) after work to pick up:
-Seltzer water
-Salad mix
-Bananas
-Apples
-Celery
-Strawberries
-Conditioner
-Tissues

That wasn't my entire list going in, but that's what I bought. I was thissssss close to buying a juicer. If anyone wants to donate to the Augustina Fund, feel free... I'll give you my acct # for money depositing! ;)... but if you know of a great brand at a decent price, DO let me know. It might make my life less boring in terms of getting my fruit & veggie daily intake. Moreoverrr, I was also this close to picking up a 6" subway sandwich meal. I was at the checkout aisle and my GOSH could I smell that dang bread... I wanted to cry. I was having such an internal battle, people probably saw me and thought I was like Sybil... :-/

Whatta mess, but I didn't give in! And that was a big win for me at the end of the day. :) I resisted the temptation and did not let my urges get the best of me.

Well, I hope to be blogging regularly since the internet is now working. I will soon post a video that I made at the end of 2010. Look for that in the next post or two.

Until then, here's to praying that I have a good weekend (alcohol free, w/ no cheating).

Thank God tomorrow's Friday!

:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Awesome blog- I'm so proud of you! Firstly, can I just say I have been wanting a juicer since the day I saw those catepiller eyebrows of Mr. Juiceman coming out from me on the infomercials of my cable-less childhood. Still looking to get one, but if you do - lemme me know how it goes and I'll support that cause! Perhaps more relevant is lil' secret I'm going to share as a guilty pleasure. It's called http://www.bodyrock.tv/ and it's basically this chick who used to be in some sketchy film stuff but now has a fantastic blog about living healthy and loving life. My friend's mom told me about it, and I actually really do enjoy their workouts / notes and thought you might too!

Alright, back to work but stay warm out there and I'll ttys!

- K. Dubs

Sarah said...

Morning Tina. :) I did Nutrisystem a few years ago to lose my first 30lbs. I see they've reworked their program since then. How's the food now?

I've been keeping a healthy living/weight loss blog for a good 8 months now. I keep it at http://runsqrlrun.blogspot.com if you're interested in checking it out!

Augustina Mills said...

You both are awesome. I shall check out that link, K. Dubzzz!... and will also let you know about my juicing experiences in the future.

Sarah, you look PHENOMENAL! I will definitely be following your blog. NS is very different for me... and yes apparently it is "re-worked", but the food is still... ehhh. haha Keep up the great work!

Sarah said...

Thanks Tina!

I remember that about the food. It was so...ehh. After a while I got pretty bored of all my options.

Are you still in the Woo?

Augustina Mills said...

Sarah, yep.. stillll in the Woo. haha. Man oh man...