Monday, August 8, 2011

Carb Conscious

Today I began being more 'carb conscious' with my meals.  I was noticing that while I was eating healthy foods, I was carb overloading.

Ex:
Bfast - Whole grain cereal, banana
Snack - yogurt
Lunch - Lean cuisine (usually pasta), side of corn, fruit
Snack - string cheese, 100 cal-pack (usually tons of carbs)
Dinner - 6 inch subway sandwich w/ baked chips
Dessert - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich

Now straight up, I could eat ALL of that and still be in my calorie limit for the day.  If I was doing WW, which I've done in the past, I could have easily stayed within my point range w/o going over.  BUT, let me tell you, in the past my pancreas was not a happy camper.

It's no wonder I haven't been losing weight as quick as I thought I should've been and why I was still tired and in a slump.  I was eating 'healthy' foods, but entirely too many carbs.

Now that being said, today I was very good about limiting my carbs.

Bfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, small banana, coffee w/ creamer and artificial sweetener (I know, I know... I need to stick to Truvia)
Lunch - sardines, 5 saltine crackers, serving of green beans
Snack - 1/4 mix of almonds and walnuts, 1/2 apple and 5 grapes, 2 kosher dill spears
Dinner - One of my old Nutrisystem frozen meals (16g of carbs), it was Turkey w/ veggies
Dessert - Trader Joe's Peach Pop

In fact, now that I look at this, I'm not sure I ate 'enough' for the day... lesson learned.  Either way, I am not completing eliminating all carbs, I'm just trying to be conscious.

And I will admit, I was EXHAUSTED this morning... and didn't do my morning workout... :-/  Which is why I must sign-off, gotta head to bed so I do it tomorrow morning fo sho!

No comments: